So you’ve decided to set up a Supporter profile on behalf of your company or trust/foundation, great! We’re excited to have you on board. In order to make the most out of your new matchmaking profile, here is a step by step guide that will help to make your profile the best it can be.
1. Sign Up
Head to whatimpact.com and click the orange ‘Sign In’ button, then click ‘Sign Up Now’.
2. Fill in your Core Profile
Your core profile is the place to showcase what your organisation is all about. Companies and grant
makers can use this space to list all basic information, including your name, registration number, a link to your Companies House profile, your logo, a key image, a summary of your company and its mission as well as your goals to make a difference. When filling in the ‘goals to make a difference’ section, be sure to explain what goal you’re achieving and how, e.g. ‘We use modern technology to provide accurate information to loved ones in emergencies’.
Your core profile must be complete in order to be listed on the site.
3. How You Help
The How You Help section of your profile is the place to detail what your company or trust/foundation has to offer. Let us know how your organisation supports/plans to support beneficiary organisations. Here is where you explain what you have to offer, from money to skills, products, and/or services. Once this section is complete, you’re ready to post an offer.
This bit’s important. ‘Offer(s)’ explain what your company or trust currently has to offer to charities and/or social enterprises. This is the part of your profile that will be picked up by the algorithm, matching you with social enterprise and charity partners, based on your offerings. So be sure to be explicit about the kind fo help you want to give and include as many key words as possible.
Things to note
- All companies should be registered with Companies House. You can also set up a profile for a team, branch, department or larger registered Companies.
- For grantmakers, your organisation should be registered with The Charity Commission for England and Wales or Scottish Charity Regulator.
- It is essential that you complete the entirety of your Core Profile, How You Help, and make at least one Offer in order to be listed on the site.
- Remember to click ‘Save all changes’ at the bottom of the page before exiting.